Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little Bit 'o This, Little Bit o' That

So one thing people may notice on this blog is the utterly annoying lack of recipes for my food stuffs. I honestly don't use recipes. I tend to rummage through the fridge or pantry and whip up something with whatever's available. I do use cookbooks... but merely for inspiration (with the rare exception made for baking, which is much more scientific). 

If you find yourself irritated with me for want of clear ingredient lists, cooking times, I don't care. I've found that strict recipes tend to ruin a creation. Something is inevitably "missing" upon tasting. I'd rather lay out a few spoons and taste test my own concoction, and have my husband, friends, and family puzzled at exactly how that delicious flavor came about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment