Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baked Peanut Butter Tofu

I heart peanut butter. But as Mary Tyler Moore's Rhoda would say, I may as well apply it directly to my hips. 

So, I try to make it healthy when I do use it. For this easy entree, drain, press, and slice a block of extra firm organic tofu into about half-inch thick squares. Spread your favorite peanut butter (mine is any by Peanut Butter & Co.) on the bottom of a square casserole dish. Place the tofu slices on top of the peanut butter. Then spread more peanut butter on top of the tofu, and around the sides as much as possible. Sprinkle a few peanuts on top. Bake at about 375 degrees for around 15 minutes, or until it all starts browning a bit. 

Feel free to drizzle on a bit of agave or maple syrup to after serving, if you prefer a sweeter dish, or sprinkle on some pink Himalayan sea salt for saltier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment